Today is my birthday. Here are some things I have learnt in my 36 years…
– to never give up on my loves, whatever they may be and however hard it is to carve out time for them.
– to be proud of my body, it’s grown three beautiful babies and isn’t perfect but whose is?
– to say no. Sadly, I learnt the hard way that people tend to take advantage of those who say yes to everything. Saying no is empowering.
– to always always trust my gut, bad things happen when I go against it. Tuning into my instincts was one of the most valuable things I have ever done.
– to have the courage of my own convictions, which means my conscience is clear.
– having faith that ‘this too shall pass‘. It’s super tough at times but utterly vital to remind myself during the dark moments.
– that believing in myself will lead to wonderful things. Repeat: I CAN do this and I WILL.
– knowing without doubt that surrounding myself with awesome people will mean I am a wealthy lady. Money is almost irrelevant in this life, it’s the people that truly enrich it.
Oh, and this…
– life is far too short to drink cheap plonk or instant coffee. Quality organic all the way leads to far less sore heads the next day 🙂
I’d love to hear what you’ve learnt in the comments section!