The fabulous Trista over at Domesticated Momster recently nominated me for a one lovely blog award, and I’d like to thank her very much! You can read her own post here. I was also nominated by lovely Louise over at Big Hearts Little Love before Xmas, but didn’t get round to it then.
Meme’s are a little like London buses though aren’t they, because this came hot on the heels of my #50Things tag. To continue the meme, I have to tell you seven things about me, then nominate some of my favourite bloggers to carry this on. Right, here goes.
1. My name (Reneé) is a typo. Seriously, just like Keira Knightly, but sadly this is where our similarities end. My mother had heard the name in passing, loved it and decided to call me it. The correct French way of spelling my name is Renée, because having the accent on the second e means the sound the last two ee’s make is ‘ay’. Basically having the accent on the third e renders is pointless.
2. I have had three surnames in my 35 years, and technically I am a Saint (my father’s surname which I’ve never been known by).
3. I am absolutely convinced that feeding our bodies with the best nutrition we possibly can is the most important thing we can do for them. I get really cross with people that say things along the lines of ‘there is no link between the food we eat and the effect it has over our health’ gggrrr. Pop over to my other blog for an insight into my world.
4. I am passionate about cooking and eating delicious real food, and love nothing more than watching my kids enjoy it too.
5. Although I would love to write a novel at some point, I’m starting to think that my next book might be another part memoir, part self-help title about parenting challenging kids. Hellllooooooo, three hours broken sleep anyone? Mind you it might be a very short book that simply says DRINK LOTS OF COFFEE!
6. I adore my husband more than any other adult on this planet, but man can that dude press my buttons and wind me up!
7. My first and third children were happy accidents – which is quite something considering that two years prior to conceiving my eldest I was categorically told that I would need assistance when the time came. This brings me right back to point three – you can read about this in more detail here if you like.
And a bonus one. My little blog turns two on Wednesday. Stay tuned for a competition to celebrate!
So there are a few facts about me. I would like to nominate the following bloggers for their one lovely blog award. No pressure to join in of course, but should you want to, please tell us 7 facts about your lovely selves
Claire @ Joy and Pops
Ali @ Mum in a Nutshell
Katie @ Pouting in Heels
Tim @ Slouching Towards Thatcham
John @ Dad Blog UK
Leigh @ Headspace-Perspective
Amy @ Mr and Mrs T Pus Three
Astrid @ Blogging Astrid
Cathryn @ Cardiff Mummy Says
Morna @ Awesome Austerity
Merlinda @ Glimmer of Hope
Joy @ Pink Oddy
Jess @ Wry Mummy